What even causes bad breath/Halitosis in the first place and why?
There are actually many thing that can cause breath and some could be more serious than you might think or just simple has not brushing your teeth enough…
…Either way If you don’t take care of your teeth they can get worse over time and could end up spending Hundreds of dollars on surgery for you teeth or gums.
Here is a list of some of the things that can causes :
- Not brushing daily– If you don’t brush food particles get stuck in your mouth and cause bacteria to grow around your gums, teeth, and tongue which causes bad breath.
- Not flossing– Over time you could develop Halitosis also known as bad breath if you don’t floss because over time food particles can get stuck in between your teeth which can build up bacteria and release that terrible odor.
- Infection in the mouth– An example of this could be gum disease which is also known as dry mouth and this can cause bad breath.
- Certain foods– Most of us know that certain foods like onions and garlic causes bad breath , but don’t know why. The reason behind this is because they contain a molecules called mercaptans which is a sulfur compound.
- Dry Mouth– Dry mouth which is also a medical conditions also know as (xerostomia). If theres no saliva in your mouth, theres nothing there to wash away dead cells that accumulate on the tongue, gums, and cheeks which if not removed can lead to bad breath
- Smoking– The smoke and smell could stay in your lungs for hours, but the tobacco smoke can remain in the mouth, which can lead to secondary causes of bad breath.
- Alcohol– Make you dehydrated and your mouths dry which causes the bad breath
- Braces- Can causes bad breath if you don’t brush or flossed while wearing them because over time food particles get stuck in between the braces and causes bad can cause that bad breath smell you might be smelling.
These are pretty much the main causes for bad breath and can easily be avoided. Now let’s take a look at some at home remedies that can help certain problems.
1. Softer Toothbrush
Using a softer toothbrush allows you to get down more and between your teeth which will get rid of the bacteria and keep your mouth on the more moist side and not dry.
Normally you would use Epson salt for soaking in and for you muscles and can also help your garden at the same time, but can also be used as a mouth wash and help keep your mouth from being dry.
You get 1 cup of water and mix less than half a cup of the Epson salt and mix together. gargle for about 2 to 5 minutes and do not swallow.
3. Coconut Water
4. Oil Pulling
This one also involves coconut which can be done with a coconut oil like this one for example through this link here which is more like a mouth wash but works even better.
For the lemon you can take half a lemon and some honey and mix it in a glass and drink it every now and then or you can can do home made lemonade, but make sure theres no sugar added because the goal is to stay hydrated. If not what kind of lemonade to use or make get some organic zero sugar lemonade through this link here
This might be a odd one, but really works. For examples when you eat salty, sour, or bitter foods it boost the amount of saliva you produce. So you can take the cayenne pepper and make dishes that have it in it which is going to help the amount of saliva you produce and will keep your mouth from being dry.
7. Organic Gum
Chewing gum helps produce saliva and will keep you mouth from getting dry and staying moist. And yes surprisingly you can actually make gum your self at home that’s a lot more healthier and organic.
The following ingredients and things you need are below:
- Natural Beeswax – 6 oz.
- XyloSweet and or Lite&Sweet which would be ¼ cup, but the less sugar the better.
- Flavoring (cinnamon, peppermint, lemon, etc.) or finely chopped fresh herbs (rosemary, lemongrass, mint, etc.)
The first thing you’ll need is a double boiler for the beeswax which you can get here. If you don’t have one, you can use a blow and put the beeswax in the bowl with one inch of water on the stove.
After that, heat it until it’s soft or almost all liquid. After it’s melted you can add 1/4 cup of XyloSweet or Lite&Sweet with 4 to 6 drops of your favorite flavoring extract. If you want to you can also add your favorite herbs if you want for more flavoring, but make sure they are finely chopped up.
After everything is mixed together and added you can pour your mixture in some type of mold of your choice like a candy mold or and ice tray then put it into a refrigerator until they harden.
After your done, You can take them out and wrap them in wax paper until you are ready to chew them.
If you don’t have any of the following you can check out my store or get the following ingredients here through these links that follow:
- Natural beeswax through this link here
- double boiler through this link here
- XyloSweet through this link here
- lite&sweet through this link
any other products or flavoring can be found through my store above. you can easily search for over thousands of products through it on oral care.
This one Might not seem like it’s much help at first because the overall smell isn’t really all good, but it’s because it’s a potent antimicrobial that kills off the bacteria.
One thing to be aware of is that you should not use every single day because over time it can damage your gums or teeth if used daily.
The following thing below is what you need:
- 1 tablespoon 3% hydrogen peroxide solution
- 1/2 cup water
After you have these you will mix them and use it as a mouth wash and then brush your teeth after to remove the residue. Then rinse your mouth out with plain water.
Don’t worry if this one sounds bad. For this it’s going to be more like a past you’ll put on your teeth
The following things bellow is what you’ll need:
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
After you have gather these things you are going to mix them until you get a paste that you rub on your teeth. After your done, you can rinse your mouth out with water and boom. you got better breath.
10. Green Tea
Greens tea is good to drink in the mornings and will definitely help more than coffee or milk ever will. This is because of The phytochemicals in green tea which are naturally antibacterial and help get rid of bacteria which will get rid of your halitosis problem.
The following things below is what you’ll need:
- A bag of green tea
- A cup of hot water
- Honey if you what
After you have all these, steep a bag of green tea for 2 to 5 min and then add honey if for flavoring if you want.
You can this from 2 to 4 times a day which should help with you issues and bring out the freshness you been wanting